|As a business owner, it can be downright overwhelming to market your company. If you are just starting out, the best way to increase your profits is to start off quite simply. There are two things you need to focus on: informing the public about your business and to encourage those individuals to become customers.|
The type of business you have will dictate the type of marketing practices you may need to employ. However, you may consider advertising in local papers and magazines, using Google Adwords, distributing leaflets, direct mailing, networking, and word-of-mouth to name just a few options that are available. You really need to figure out what works best for your business and your niche market.
Some basic marketing tips
While your exact mode of marketing attack will depend on who your target audience is, and what your business is offering, there are some basic tips you should know. Keep these in mind as you plan your marketing strategy:
1. Design a great FAQ page on your website. Your customers want to know all about you and your product, so tell them! Good customer communication and service is extremely important, so provide it!
2. Keep communication personal. Reaching out to your client base personally can make a big difference. Tailor emails and contact based on customer need.
3. Be social! Yes, social networking matters today. This is a great way to stay in contact with your clients and to know what they’re really thinking.
4. Know what your customers want. Pay attention to customer comments, emails, and complaints. Learn from them. Give your customers what they want and need.
5. Get help. There’s nothing wrong with hiring a marketing company. An Umbrella Company specializing in marketing services can do all the grunt work for you and make your marketing efforts much more cost-efficient.
There are a lot of marketing options out there
Any marketing professional will tell you that there are a ton of options to choose from. Many times, you won’t know what will work best for your business until you try it, track it, and study the results. The options that work best for your business will depend on your target audience and your available budget. Here are some options to consider:
• Print advertising – This is traditional marketing and will usually appeal to an audience that is known to read the publication in question. Advertising in a local newspaper is a great way to reach people in a certain region.
• TV and radio spots – These are the highest profile campaigns in any industry. You’ll want to target the audience based on the time of day the spot airs. But remember, this will also be the most expensive.
• Online marketing – Today, this is the most cost-efficient method. Reach a wide audience for a very low cost. There are many different aspects to online marketing, and for the newcomer can be quite overwhelming.
Considering a marketing company
Many times, business owners will hire a marketing company to handle all advertising and marketing efforts on their behalf. Other times, a business will do it entirely on its own. It is highly advisable to hire a marketing company when you are just starting out or want a very effective, cost-efficient way of marketing your products. A good marketing company will have a variety of contacts and strategies available including, but not limited to:
• Business-to-business branding services
• Product branding services
• Sales and distribution services
• Press releases
• Social media efforts
(Source: Umbrella Company)